Thursday, May 3, 2018

Acting Like You Know Me?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SAY HI TO ME IN PUBLIC. I take the privacy of my clients very seriously. If you have not indicated to me that you are comfortable being friendly with me in public, I will err on the side of privacy. If you see me in public, I may not acknowledge you. If you say hello to me, I will always be pleased, and I would love to chat, but I will not assume that you want to explain how you know me to the people you came in with, nor will I bring up your health or massage history. That is personal, and I leave it in your hands to decide where and with whom you share it.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FRIEND ME ON FACEBOOK. If you are coming to me as a client, I will not friend you on Facebook, but I love it when clients friend me. Don't get me wrong, I want EVERYBODY to follow the RockeLife2.0 Facebook page, and I care about my clients. I love to see pictures of your family being happy, and I am here to give support when life gets you down. But, I don't know whether you want to explain to your cousin or your friend, who is also a massage therapist, why you are coming to me for therapy and not to them.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE WITH ME. I have received photos and notes from clients, and I am always, always grateful for kindness, appreciation and the personal connection with my clients. I WILL NOT post your photos or notes publicly in my space. I consider your personal gestures to be just that. I am ALWAYS humbled and grateful for referrals and positive online reviews. They are powerful in today's business world. For the same reasons I've already mentioned, I will not take it personally if you choose not to make a public statement about our relationship.

I WILL SUPPORT YOU. If you share with me about your profession, I will try to support your business just as you support mine. If I have a client who needs work in your field, I will refer them to you without mentioning that you are a client, unless you have indicated that you are comfortable with that.

YOU ARE SAFE WITH ME. Be assured that you are not being mentioned or discussed. For my safety, I always keep someone I trust informed about my location when I am doing mobile work, and that client's identity is known to them, but personal details are not needed for that purpose. There may be times when I might share something about "a client" to help explain or reassure another client, or to consult with another professional about your case, but I will not use any personally identifying information without your explicit permission. Your relationship with me is sacred to me, and unless you have indicated otherwise, it is entirely professional and privileged.

If you are my client, I care for you and yours. If you are comfortable with me in public, I love to grab a chat with you. Coffee shop waves make me feel loved, and grocery store hugs are just universally good medicine.




No comments:

Post a Comment